Monday, January 21, 2013

Patience gives Vitality to your Marriage


These days it is amazing to hear that someone is married ten years, let alone twenty, but to hear that a couple celebrated thirty years is absolutely amazing!! Did you ever hear about Herbert and Zelma Fisher who were married for 86 years?? 

Are you in this for the rest of your life?


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is not law."

What is your patience temperature?? 

Do you respond to your husband in:

  • Anger?
  • Spitefully?
  • Impatience?
  • Kindness?
  • Humility?
  • Patience?
Are you easily frustrated? Quick tempered? Or unselfish and slow to anger?


Having patience is an outpouring of the evidence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. It is evidence that I (or you) are spending time in His Word and prayer, daily. Daily!! It is evidence that we have a living relationship with God, that He knows us and that we know  Him.

Impatience with your spouse is also known as that tension rising within yourself (in your heart) and not to be blamed on your cycle or change of life. Though hormones do play a role in our lives, these were given to us by God. These things are just circumstances that allow us to more clearly *see* our propensity to sin. 

Keep working to renew you heart daily with Jesus. He will live through you as He transforms your life into His image.

Recently we watched the movie 'Fireproof' and I found myself encouraged to continue doing special things for my husband. I want to keep my relationship alive and renew its vitality. 

Patience is an intangible thing. It isn't a meal you cook, cookies you bake, or something special you bought 'just-for-him.' It is the most important 'thing' you can do because on it hangs your acceptance and honor of who your man is.


"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, 
beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 
With all lowliness and meekness, with 
longsuffering, 
Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."
~Ephesians 4:1-3~




I'd LOVE you to leave a comment!!

Since I live out 'in-the-sticks'... friends, like you are a long ways away!!
Sooo, I'd love you to follow me on: 

Don't forget to linkup your favorite posts:



~Judith~

Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. Jeff,and I will be 28 years total in October :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judith,

    I am always so blessed when I visit your blog and read your posts - thank you! I was greatly encouraged, challenged and motivated by what you wrote. I loved what you said about the tension rising within yourself (your heart) cannot be blamed on the change or your cycle - so true and very eye-opening. It's so easy to blame someone or something for actions that are not pleasing to the Lord instead of looing at your heart and seeing what the root problem might be.

    My sweet husband and I will be married 6 years this May....6 glorious and wonderful years, I might add :)
    Thank you for sharing these words of wisdom.

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Judith, this was a great post!! Very encouraging. Hope you will link it up with us tomorrow at Courtship Connection!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful, Judith! I have a friend who used to get angry with her husband. A lot. She blamed hormones and she never even tried to control her temper. She said she couldn't, that it wasn't her fault. Excuses. We had lots of talks about it.


    I think it helps having children because the mom can see her children using the same excuses. It's hard for children to control their behavior too, but they can learn (especially as they get older) and so could she. Thanks so much for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent. It is so true. Hormones do take a toll but we can't always our actions on someone or something else. That is just like a child saying 'But he made me do it!' Our husbands deserve so much better than that. :)

    Gretch

    ReplyDelete

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...